Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last minute touches


I am trying to finalize my choices for the upcoming PUMPKIN Cook-off. This is not an easy task. Last years entries were delicious and I took third place. This year I am aiming for the top. Not to be beaten by one of my granddaughters who are also entering or my daughter who once again is entering our family favorite pumpkin squares recipe. Ladies from all over town enter their favorite and best Pumpkin recipe, whether it is a cake, pie, cookie that dsoesnt matter as long as it is Pumpkin. People drop in and taste test all day and vote on their favorite. I am going to gain 10 lbs just testing to get to the final recipe LOL.
At the shop I am busy looking for some new patterns that are gingerbread men. The personalized families are painted and ready for final touches and I have just about caught up on the recent online orders. With weatherrmen calling for more snow than usual I have found a few more places to list my items online and maybe keep me busier this winter. Etsy, indiepublic and silkfair. The Dress-Me Welcome Friends are always dependable year round so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I realize that money is tight , so with my prices being reasonable and an assortment of gift ideas and home decor I am hoping to at least coast thru this winter.

No comments: