Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Almost Easter


  As I sit looking out my window it is hard to believe that even though Easter falls later this year that my view is covered in snow!

Yes, my bluebirds are back and looked quite confused as the flakes kept falling yesterday. The school closed early, the snow piled high and it did not seem to want to stop.  This morning we had a two hour delay for the school opening because there was not a plow in sight.  Thankfully the plow did pass and the kids are off to school and I can get to my daily list of things to do.  With some cute outfits being finished I have buttons to sew on and then the task of listing them on Etsy.






 I have been trying to use the suggestions for increasing visitors to my shop by following http://www.handmadeology.com/social-media-blitz-free-5-day-ecourse/  So many wonderful ideas and helpful tips. I could spend the day just reading on that site.
But then like alot of you I have to prepare for Easter. We have dinner at home with guests and now the two little guys are very into the Easter Bunny and all its magic. So, I am looking into some fun table markers we can make together and looking for that perfect dessert to end the day. JJ already has his Easter cake mix box with matching frosting on the counter. Cupcakes are a must for him. The menu I would love to change up a bit. We always have ham but maybe a new sidedish without causing my hubby ( who is a creature of habit) to freak out as the kids say. I saw a nice spinach and strawbeery salad that looked good. More reading will have to be done and then the list making before I set off for my final tri to the store. Right now my list consists of jelly beans, peeps and robins eggs......I think we need real food.






http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-2/Detail.aspx
Carrot Cake By: Marc Boyer

"Here's and old-fashioned carrot cake that's got more carrots than spice. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts."
Original Recipe Yield 15 to 18 servings

Ingredients

2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
2.In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Stir in carrots, coconut, vanilla, and pineapple. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gently stir into carrot mixture. Stir in chopped nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3.Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
4.In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine, cream cheese, vanilla, and confectioners sugar. Blend until creamy. Frost cake while still in the pan.

 I found a darling place setting idea at http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/adorable-place-card-holders-for-your.html  I am going to crochet my daffodils  http://www.larkcrafts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/9781600598784_eproject.pdf

though and maybe not use real grass as I dont think I have enough time left. I am tired of the same old and determined to jazz things up a bit this year. I will have to let you know how that goes over with the rest of the family.

No comments: