Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Did I tell you about

my happy dance. As a grandmother living with high school age grandkids and a seventh grader, I was elated, tickled pink to learn that the big red circle on last wednesday meant that school was starting. School...peace and quiet...early to bed, early to rise.. could it be, could I be that lucky?  I was , and I must confess as thy pulled out of the driveway for school that morning ( one of them drives and 2 are taking drivers ed)  I paused a moment and thewn did what is being called the HAPPY DANCE!  Like a weight had been lifted, I drank a cup of coffee in peace in quiet, did'nt fight for the bathroom to get ready for work and just bathed myself in the quiet.  Thank you teachers!!!!!
I went off to the shop, sort of humming with a grin I just couldnt lose...eight hours of teen free time. I cleaned the shop, finished a sweater order for etsy shop and then painted a Santa. I had fun. Who needs summer vacation ...give me SCHOOL

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really funny. I used to be an elementary school teacher and it was the opposite for me. Now I am homeschooling my kids and I am wondering how I am going to work some peace and quiet into my day. Found you on Blog frog. Enjoyed my visit.

L. Eleana Johnson said...

Ha, that is too funny! I was so happy when preschool started back for my 3 yr. old, although it's only 4 half days. She was begging to get out of here, which sort of made me feel bad. I'm sure I want feel bad when she's a teenager!

confused homemaker said...

LOL, my Mom has the same feeling about next week. She helps take care of my brother's children & is looking forward to the down time.

Daisy said...

What I crave is that structure -- I am in the same boat as Eleana (preschool, 4 half-days) but it's enough to get motivated, out of the house, and then you've got a few serene hours of whatever rituals you like. And, bear really LIKES his school (he had a 3 week stint over the summer) so I can feel good about taking him there every morning. We have one more week to go before he starts again tho.

Kara Marie said...

This is hysterical!!! I always knew parents/grandparents felt this way :) I am a teacher, so I feel the opposite. haha.
I found your blog through BlogFrog's Friday Follow!

Unplanned Cooking said...

Ha ha, I can completely relate! I love summer, but really looking forward to some sort of structure (not to mention childcare :)

Following from BF

Anonymous said...

I love summer BUT I love the structure and discipline that the kids returning to school returns to our family life!