Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessings

       Blessings can mean different things to different people. I have been blessed I think with a large wonderful family. No, the siblings are not as close as we once were but, I do believe in times of stress we would all rally together. I hope. I have five wonderful kids who have been healthy and relatively happy, and who combined habe given me twelve grandkids and now three great grand sons.  Blessed by customers who during our recent heat wave ordered so that I could get the air fixed. Thank you again, it is not pretty here when the heat is on......it is hard to crochet while you are sweating.
       Yesterday I received another blessing, I have been looking for a pattern for the Christening gown my Grandmother made my daughter Kathy, back in 1974.  It had a long coat and bonnet and I wanted to make a few to put away for my granddaughters and then sell on my #etsy shop. I looked everywhere and posted about it in a Facebook group. :ast night I got a message that someone had the book and would make me a copy of that long lost pattern. I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited. That #Christening gown was my #Grandmothers pride and joy.
This is my daughter holding my Granddaughter #Elizabeth in a gown my Gram made her.
This pinafore was another of my Gram's favorites and all my girls had them in multiple colors.
As I sit typing this I think how proud my Gram would be of all of us and how amazed that I finally picked up the crochet hook and made something other than granny squares. 
    As soon as I receive the new gown pattern I am starting on it , until then I am finishing up a few other projects and getting a few things made for upcoming fall #shows. 
     

No comments: