Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ray of Sunshine

It has been very rainy here and my backyard looks like I should put in a pond instead of a garden. Mothers Day got some of the bushes and my rhubarb planted. From what I've been told next year I will have my own supply of rhubarb. For now I will have to make a trip back to Montello to the Garden Center to see my friend Jean and pick some up. That visit is always wonderful because she knows me very well and we talk each other out. I stopped there on Sunday before the birthday party and it did my heart good to sit and chat awhile. I do miss her after our move but am trying to keep in touch. While there she did pass on what sounds like a great recipe for that rhubarb.

Rhubarb Custard Cake

Ingredients:

Two-layer yellow cake mix
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup granulated sugar
1 pint whipping cream (2 cups)

Procedure:

Prepare batter for cake mix according to package directions; turn into greased and floured 9x13" pan. Dump the chopped rhubarb on top of the cake batter. Sprinkle the sugar on top of the rhubarb. Pour the whipping cream (unwhipped) over the sugar. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Cream, sugar, and rhubarb sink to bottom, forming a custard layer. Makes 1-18 (depending on how you cut it!!) 

My grandson Mike turned 15 on Monday, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. 
Tabitha is so excited about Fridays upcoming field trip, we are off today to find her a rain poncho or coat because they go to the zoo rain or shine and you can never be too safe.
   I have been working on mermaids and hula skirts over the past few days and have a few new patterns I would love to sit down with. I better hurry though school gets out on the 6th and then my piece and quiet will be over. LOL


Today after my rain poncho quest I am going to work on the pants set and then hopefully a new hula skirt order. They are calling for rain so that will be a perfect way to spend the afternoon. 

No comments: