Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our furry family members...

Yesterday our family lost one of our furry family members. Timmy our 13 yr old collie who has been like the bad little boy in our house for years. He arrived on Valentines day when he was just 12 weeks old and won our hearts. He was a leaner, could'nt seem to get close enough to anyone. He thought kids hot dog buns and crusts of bread were treats and would drop to a sit at the raise of a hand, hoping you had bread. He never minded kids crawling over him, counting his toes and even dressing him up a time or two. His faithful friend Lassie passed on last year and it has been a long sad year for him, he seemed to age immediately and miss her terribly. I am probably the worst, I cry at Lassie movies, hallmark commercials etc, but a couple months back I met through emails an author who had written of his own journey through the passing of his two pets and I am hoping I can use that to help not just me but the kids get through this a little easier. Christine Bellport on Madisons Channel 15 was kind enough to get the word about him and his book out to our area , and I can't thank her enough. This morning , as tears rolled down my cheeks fed the bread crust to the squirrels, Timmy would have gotten it if he was still here.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/fetch/2010/06/20/how-two-dying-dogs-taught-life-lessons-to-denver-attorney/?source=rsshomeblog
How a Denver attorney learned life lessons from his dying dogs

Fetch — The Denver Post
Denver attorney Doug Koktavy discovered how to live in the moment with his canine best friends

2 comments:

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Great Blog!! I am your newest follower. Found you on Friday-Follow!

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

Sonia Valdez said...

I'm so sorry for your lose. I cried reading it. Must be an animal lover thing.

Wishing you the best during this time.