Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to Work





After a long weekend I really have to set my mind on working. Yes, the kids are home one more day...but with such nice weather they are all out and about.
This mornings task is editing photos and getting some items ready to list in my Etsy shop. I recently joined a team on Etsy called Etsy Kids. http://etsykids.com/index.html   A very busy group with a huge amount of promotion. I have time today to really sit and read all the wonderful posts and suggestions the shops share with each other. Also this shop is centered around kids and most of the items I make are for kids so it is a perfect fit.I have added a button to the side of the blog to make checking out the great shops in Etsy Kids easier so please browse those shops.
Expecting a house full of people yesterday I made two hams, dinner tonight .....something using ham. So, I checked out the recipes on line and this was my choice.
http://www.cookingbytheseatofmypants.com/recipes/cheesy-leftover-ham-and-broccoli-casserole/
Cheesy Leftover Ham and Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients:
•2 boxes store bought macaroni and cheese
•1 lb. leftover ham, cut in chunks
•1 (16 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets
•1 22 oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained
•1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
•1/2 cup milk
•1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
•5 tbsp. butter
•Approximately 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
•Approximately 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
•2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
•Salt and pepper to taste
•1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil macaroni according to package directions, but just until almost finished cooking. (Very al dente.)
If using a pasta pot:
Drain noodles and set aside in a large bowl, but do not rinse. Add broccoli florets to the basket and blanch in pasta water for approximately 2 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
If using a colander:
Place broccoli florets in a large heat-proof bowl or pot. Place colander over broccoli and drain water onto the broccoli. Allow to sit in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to drain in a second colander or on a clean dish towel.
In the same pot you made the pasta in, mix the cheese packets as directed on the box. (Generally 2 tbsp. butter and 1/4 cup milk per packet…) When mixed add heavy cream or half and half and butter, stir to combine. Stir in mozzarella 1/2 ball at a time, waiting until the last addition is completely incorporated before continuing.
Add macaroni, ham, broccoli, green onions, tomatoes, Parmesan, mustard and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well coated in the cheese mixture. Pour into a large casserole or jelly roll pan. Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown and mixture is bubbly.
Remove from heat and allow to rest uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.

So I am off to create some great photos and enjoy the day. I am sounding very positive!!!  I am ready The Secret and attracting good things in my direction !  That is my new plan , I will let you know how it progresses.

No comments: