Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Slow, sleepy Saturday

  It is grey and cold outside, and that was my mood when I awoke this morning.  A headache ...there just enough to make me uncomfotable and a kind of blah feeling.  So much for the trip to Walmart I had planned with my Mom for this morning. Instead I think I will have some coffee finish some buttons on hats and just stay in warm and try to shake of this feeling. 
     I need some sunshine and warm weather, maybe a bunch of bright yellow flowers would help. A dafodill or two. In that case I know just where to look for a pick me up and the flowers.
     Everyone should have that one person who knows what your feeling without you saying a word. Who listens and doesnt judge and who sincerely does care.  I have such a person.  Not an old childhood friend or sister, but someone I met about four years ago here in town.  A fellow busines owner who now, seems like I have always known.  Alot has happened to both of us over the past few years and she has always been there with a kind word and hug.  I hope I have been the same for her. Jean owns the Teapot Quilt Cottage and Garden Center with her husband, Bob . Two of the nicest, down to earth people you could meet. p.s. her husband grows THE best sweet corn in the area.  Jean gives classes, sews, knits, gardens and is always there when you need her.  I am NOT a knitter or quilter. Let me say about 20 years ago I made a pledge to make my first Grandson Joey knit mittens, like any good Grandma. Well he is 21 and I never made them.  I did take a class at the high school, which I learned to put stitches on the needle. Then took a cass with Jean at the Teapot, I did make half a mitten. I am not as patient as I would like and knitting is not for me.  I would like to do some quilting though. My Mom moved up here from Tulsa in October and she quilts.  My other Mom, ( I have two ) also quilts. A baby quilt makes such a nice gift and I could add them to my Etsy shop. Another project for me. Maybe before the snow melts I will go visit with Jean and take a class.  If you are living or visiting in the area, this is a must see stop.
Jean's February calendar is done and so many nice classes to choose from. Beginners Knitting on the 3rd, kids woven heart basket from 1-3 on the 5th ( no charge),Needle felting for beginners oon the 11th,  baby rag quit on the 12th ( I think I will take this one ) , recycled wool mittens on the 16th ( these were  ahuge hit for the holidays ) no frills apron, cherry pie day and so much more.  If you are interested and want to know more stop by at 505 Main Street in Montello or give Jean a call. 608 297-7849 and she can explain all that is going on at the Teapot Quilt Cottage in Montello.
This email with Jeans calendar came at just the right time, I was sipping coffee and feeling yucky as the kids would say when YOU"VE GOT MAIL popped up and there she was. A good friend always knows when you need to be picked up a bit.
I did get a couple hats done and hopefully I will get them posted yet today.


from baby to teens everybody can use a hat! 
Even this one for those grouchy days !


No comments: